Taking excellent care of your mattress is one of the most important and easiest ways to improve your time spent sleeping. Once you’ve invested in the right mattress for your needs, the next step is to prolong it’s life.
Treat your bed as a throne and you will sleep like a king.
Mattress Care Every 2 months: Freshen Up
· Open up windows & blinds during Summer months to air out your mattress
· Sprinkle baking soda over entire bare mattress, leave for 1 hour, then vacuum.
Mattress Care Every 3 months: Turn & Flip
Rotating your mattress will extend it’s life span. Hotels keep track of mattress rotation by marking each end of the mattress with a month. January, April, July, October.
Rotate pillow top mattresses by simply switching which end you lay your head on the mattress. Otherwise over time indentations will occur in the pillow top fabric.
· Remove most stains by dabbing with a clean white cloth and a ratio of 2 drops dish soap + 4 cups warm water
· Remove blood stains by gently dabbing with hydrogen peroxide
· Remove urine stains & odor by mixing and spraying area with a solution of 2 cups hydrogen peroxide + 1 tbsp baking soda + 1 dish soap. Let air dry, then vacuum.
Protecting your Mattress
The perfect addition to your mattress is a cover. Using a cover can provide extra comfort while protecting your mattress from built up moisture, stains and dead skin cells. If you have allergies a mattress cover collects all of these things to prevent them from becoming airborne. Your mattress cover should be washed every month.